Wednesday 6 February 2013

Toyota production system - TPS

I am a  big fan of TPS, Heijunka, Kaizen, Muda etc are some really good concepts and I think it's a great way of running a business. I love the concept of production line and its adoption in software. I remember when I first started my career people telling me that Lean is only for the manufacturing and it means nothing for software. Wonder if those people still think so. I would love to go back and convince them that TPS is worth every penny and every minute you spend on it.

Anyway, about a year ago, I listened to the audio version of the book "The Toyota way". If you haven't already read it, I strongly suggest you pick it up. It's a really good read and a there is a lot you can take away from it.

Here is a small write up I found this morning and it does a decent job of summarizing TPS.

http://iso-qms.blogspot.in/2013/01/executive-summary-of-14-toyota-way.html?goback=%2Egde_37987_member_209799933

-Sandeep Kowshik

No comments:

Post a Comment